POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh2-based sphere sweep replacement : Re: Mesh2-based sphere sweep replacement Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2-based sphere sweep replacement
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 21 Dec 2002 13:50:04
Message: <3e04b7dc$1@news.povray.org>
The cross section will always be a "disk" perpendicular to the path of the
spline-- I think this is what you observed.

It is possible to get rid of the truncated look by simply choosing a finer
triangle size.  Were you simply pointing out the truncated look, or is there
a real benefit to adding surface normals?